- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large rib celery, cut lengthwise into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ½ C. white wine, dry vermouth, or chicken broth
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. haddock fillets, or other lean fish such as cod
- 4 Tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- Hot cooked rice
How Do We Make It?
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and onion and sauté until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, wine or broth, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
- Arrange fish in a single layer over the vegetables and spoon a little of the sauce on top.
- Cover and simmer gently until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to serving plates with the rice. Spoon vegetables over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
Ann Romney Cooks Haddock
"The Romney Family Table" is available at amazon.com.