Ingredients for Pastry
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 6 oz. butter
- 2 c. pastry flour
- 1/4 c. ice water or more until pastry comes together
Ingredients for Filling
- 12 oz. dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Directions for Pastry
1) Cream all ingredients in food processor.
2) Use a tart pan with a removable bottom.
3) Roll out pastry.
4) Place in tart shell.
5) Chill 1/2 hour. Place piece of parchment on pastry. Fill with beans. 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove parchment and beans. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned on edges.
Directions for Filling
1) Preheat oven to 350*
2) Simmer apricots, water, and 2 Tbl. Sugar on low heat, covered until apricots are soft and liquid is absorbed , 15-20 minute, stirring .
3) Uncover and let cool.
4) Combine the remaining 6 Tbl. Sugar, almonds and cream.
5) Bring to a boil, stirring until the sauce forms large, shiny bubbles as it cools.
6) Spoon cooled apricots into pastry; pour hot sauce over fruit.
7) Bake in a 350* oven until nuts are golden, 25-35 minutes.
8) Let cool. Tart can stand at room temperature for 4 hours.
Get more information about this episode >>