Popstar and author of “Finding Your Harmony,” Ally Brooke is bringing her talents from the stage to the kitchen making Chocolate Fudge Brownies in celebration of National Brownie Day.
Malt Shoppe Chocolate Brownies
Recipe By Dan Kohler
Ally Brooke - Chocolate Fudge Brownies - Home & Family
- 1-pound milk chocolate chips/feves/bar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a generous overhang on all sides.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until butter and chocolate are melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla to the stand mixer. Beat until mixture is pale and thick, 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce speed of mixer to low and add dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour in melted chocolate/butter mixture, stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan. Bake brownie until puffed and top is shiny and cracked in a few places, 30-35 minutes. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Let brownies cool before cutting into squares.