Directions for Savory Kabobs
1. First make the sauce. Add the salt, basil and mint in a food processor and pulse to combine. Transfer the herb mixture into a small bowl, add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Add the olive oil and stir together. Add black pepper to taste, then set aside so the herbs can infuse the olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, assemble the skewers. Use a 1¼” melon baller to make 16 cantaloupe balls. On a skewer, place a cantaloupe ball then mozzarella ball. Follow that with a couple fresh basil leaves and ½ piece of prosciutto. Repeat this pattern once more. Continue skewering until you’ve finished all the skewers.
*Serve with the sauce on the side or drizzled over the skewers.
Directions for the Flowers
1. Using a 3” flower cooking cutter, cut 8 flower shapes out of the center of the pineapple rounds. Set pineapple flowers aside.
2. Cut watermelon in half. Cut one half of the watermelon into ½” half-moon slices. Use a 2” flower cookie cutter to cut 8 flowers out of the watermelon.
3. Use a ½” round cookie cutter to cut holes in the center of each pineapple and watermelon flower. Gather the rounds out of each flower.
4. Replace the holes of the watermelon flowers with a pineapple round and vice versa with the pineapple flowers and watermelon rounds.
Assemble the Skewers
1. Use a 1¼” melon ball tool to ball the cantaloupe, honeydew, and remaining half of the watermelon.
2. Assemble the skewers by placing one cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon ball on a skewer. Repeat the same pattern once more to create your “stem.” Follow with a watermelon or pineapple flower at the very top of the skewer.
3. Repeat on all skewers.
4. Place on a sheet pan, cover tightly and place in the fridge to keep the fruit cold.
Directions to Make the Yogurt Sauce
1. Combine the yogurt, lime juice, and honey in a bowl and stir to combine. Serve cold with the flower fruit skewers.