- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups toasted pecans (5 oz.)
- 1 cup butter, cold, cubed
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (3 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, for coating the cookies
- Miniature trees, deer, etc. For decoration in jar with ribbon.
1. Heat oven to 350˚.
2. Combine flour, toasted nuts, cold butter, powdered sugar, zest, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until a stiff dough forms.
3. Roll or scoop dough into 1-inch balls (~½ ounce per cookie). Toss dough balls in powdered sugar until coated.
4. Set coated cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until puffed and firm, about 17-19 minutes.
5. While the cookies are still warm, sift extra powdered sugar on top.
6. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 10 days