Homemade Cashew Butter Ingredients:
• 2 Cups Raw Cashews
• Coconut Oil
Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe:
- Spread Raw Cashews on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350F oven for 5-7min until golden brown.
- Transfer nuts to a blender.
- Blend on high until nuts form a gritty, flour-like paste.
- Slowly add 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil to help nuts emulsify into nut butter.
- Continue to blend on high until desired consistency is achieved.
*It will take a while for the nuts to completely blend into nut butter and you may need to stop your blender from time to time depending on the make and model of your blender.
We like the Omega 8600 Juicer or Omega Blender both available at OmegaJuicers.com.
Gluten Free Triple Gingersnap Cookie Ingredients:
Adapted from Bon Apetit Magazine
• 2 cups AP Gluten Free Flour (recipe below) • 2 teaspoons baking powder • 1 ½ teaspoons of ground ginger • 1 teaspoon cinnamon • ½ teaspoon ground cloves • 1 cup sugar • ¾ cup non hydrogenated vegetable shortening • ¼ cup light flavored molasses • ¼ teaspoon salt • 1 large egg • 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh peeled ginger • ¼ cup finely diced candied ginger • Raw sugar (for rolling)
Gluten Free Triple Gingersnap Cookie Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or sil-pad.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the shortening and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg, and fresh ginger and beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and candied ginger and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with raw sugar.
- Wet your hands with water or spray a bit of cooking spray on them.
- Take a teaspoon of dough and roll it into a ball, then roll dough in the raw sugar.
- Then place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with rest of the dough.
- Space each ball about 2 inches away from each other as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Alex’s AP Gluten-Free Blend
• 2½ cups brown rice flour
• 2 cups sorghum flour • 1⅓ cups tapioca starch • ½ cup potato starch (not potato flour!) • 1½ cups sweet rice flour • ⅔ cups cornstarch • 4 teaspoons xantham gum
Get more healthy and gluten free recipes from Alex Thomopoulos at