• 8 cups gluten free cornbread, cubed into 1" cubes and toasted (recipe attached)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1 cup pancetta, diced (about 3-4 slices) • 2 leeks, rinsed well and sliced thin • 2 eight ounce packages sliced white button mushrooms • 4 cups sliced celery, ¼" thick • 1 granny smith apple, diced • 1 ½ teaspoons salt • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves • 8 sage leaves, julienned • ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped • ½ teaspoon pepper • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper • ¾ cup chicken stock • ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced pancetta and cook until pancetta is crispy.
- Remove crispy pancetta and place into a small bowl.
- Then add leeks, and celery and sauté on medium high for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once leeks and celery are soft, add mushrooms and apples and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add thyme, sage and rosemary and stir.
- Remove from the heat and put the cooked veggies into a large mixing bowl, then add the toasted cornbread.
- Pour heavy cream and chicken stock over everything and mix to combine thoroughly, it’s okay if some of the pieces break apart it just makes it better in the end!
- Grease a 9 X 13" pan with oil of your choice. Dump cornbread and veggie mixture in and bake for 30-35 mins.
Alex Thomopoulos' Gluten Free Cornbread
• 2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend, if you use a blend without xanthan gum, make sure to 1 tsp. xanthan gum to recipe)
• 2 cups cornmeal
• 2 tablespoon baking powder • 1 teaspoon kosher salt • 4 eggs • 2 cups milk or non dairy alternative • ½ cup butter • ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the milk, eggs, butter, and honey.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean and the edge of the bread starts separate from the pan.