Adam Gertler, Würstmacher of Dog Haus, shows how to make Sausage Stuffin’ Muffins.
Sausage Stuffin' Muffins
Adam Gertler's Sausage Stuffin' Muffins - Home & Family
- 12 King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls cut into ½” cubes
- 1 tbs. Vegetable oil
- 3 fully cooked Polish kielbasa
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 honey crisp apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tbs. Parsley, chopped
- 1 c chicken broth
- ½ c heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbs. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, (such as Kerrygold)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs. Green onions, thinly sliced
- Dry out bread cubes in 250° oven for 30 minutes. Turn oven off after 30 minutes even if the bread is still a little soft it will continue to dry in the oven. When crisp, transfer to large bowl.
- Add oil to frying pan, over medium high heat sear sausages about 2 minutes per side to crisp skin. Use the corners of the pan to help evenly brown sausages.
- When sausages are evenly browned, remove from frying pan and allow to cool
- Over medium high heat, add butter to pan
- Add onions, celery, garlic and apples
- Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned. No liquid should be left in the pan.
- While vegetables are cooking, dice sausage into quarter inch pieces.
- Add sausage to bowl of bread cubes, mix.
- Evenly pour chicken broth over bread sausage mixture.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to sausage and bread mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool while bread absorbs the liquid.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne together.
- Add egg mixture to cooled sausage bread mixture with herbs and cheese. Toss together using a wooden spoon. Let mixture absorb for about 20 minutes. Note: recipe can be made up to this point
- Divide mixture evenly in silicon muffin cups in muffin pan
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes until brown and puffy. Internal temperature should read at least 180°
- Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish with green onions.