A savory take on the sweet French Bourdaloue Pear Tart.
Pear and Almond Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup pear, diced
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, rough chopped(optional)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbs white onion, minced
- 2 tbs almonds, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper tt
SWEET POTATO POLENTA:
- 1/2 lb sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbs butter at room temp
- Salt and pepper to taste
PEAR AND ALMOND STUFFED CHICKEN THIGHS DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 the butter in a non-reactive heavy bottom pan (cast iron is perfect)
- Add chopped garlic and onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add pears and cook for 2/3 minutes.
- Deglaze with Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and add almonds and bacon. Let cool and reserve.
- Add salt pepper and sage and mix well.
- Loosen the skin of chicken, put 1/4 of stuffing into each thigh.
- Rub each thigh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on an oiled pan and roast in an oven 25-28 min or until internal temp of 165°.
- Remove from the oven and pour lemon juice over the top of the chicken.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
SWEET POTATO POLENTA DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place the whole sweet potato on pandora and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven 45 min or until fork tender
- Let cool and remove skin.
- In a pot bring water, milk and butter to a boil, add cornmeal and reduce to simmer and cook until tender 25-30 min.
- Add spices and remove from heat to add to sweet potato, mixing well to make purée
- Season w salt and pepper and serve hot.