Chicken thighs with purple potatoes, charred tomato romesco sauce and cumin cream perfect for the 4th of July.
Grilled Red White and Blue Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb purple potato
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tomato, charred
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
FOR CUMIN CREAM:
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and coat chicken well. Let marinate 30 min to 2 hours. Remove chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper and grill over medium heat,
- Remove from grill and serve with potatoes, romesco and cumin cream.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender. Remove from water and let cool.
- Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to grill and cook until desired doneness.
- Add lime juice and serve.
- Pulse first 8 ingredients in a food processor. Slowly add oil until desired consistency, like a batter.
For Cumin Cream:
- Combine all ingredients, mix well.