- Bodice Template
- Foam Core
- Desired Fabric
- Laced Ribbon (or any design that you want to use for your sash)
- Hot Glue Gun (low temp) / Hot Glue
- Spray Adhesive
- Gold Cording Trim (or Desired Embellishments)
1. Print out a bodice template and trace onto foam core.
2. Cut out foam core.
3. Lay fabric flat on a table.
4. Spray adhesive onto bodice.
5. Place adhesive side onto the table as flat as possible.
6. Cut excess fabric around bodice.
TIP: Be sure to cut at least an inch out of your bodice to have room to fold over the back.
7. Fold over fabric and glue to the back.
TIP: Best to use straight sides first to have an anchor
TIP: Cut as you fold to fit the bodice properly
TIP: You’ll want a snug fit.
8. Design your bodice by gluing on ribbons in a crisscross pattern.
9. Cut a piece of tulle (desired size for the skirt).
**You can fold it and double it up to give it a thicker look
10. Glue the tulle onto the bodice by doing pleats and gluing as you go.
TIP: This will create the flare in your skirt.
TIP: Don’t worry about imperfections, your sash will cover it.
11. Measure and cut the material that you have for your sash to fit the width of your bodice (around the waistline).
12. Measure and cut about 4 ribbons to fit the length of your tulle.
13. Glue your ribbons to the back of your sash.
TIP: Be sure to space out your ribbons enough to fit the width of your hair bows
14. Lastly, wrap and glue your sash around the waistline of your design (over your tulle).