Enjoy a nutty, toasted flavor to bring a brightness to this roasted vegetable.
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons shallots, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2/3 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coarse-ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small saucepan on medium. Add shallots and garlic and gently sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant and shallots become lightly translucent.
- Add maple syrup, vinegar, thyme, Dijon, coarse-ground mustard and remaining olive oil, reserving a small amount for topping and drizzling over Brussel sprouts.
- Transfer Brussel sprouts to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast until dark and tender, or about 40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, toss in original large mixing bowl with sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve warm.