A great alternative to potatoes and great for those eating vegetarian. Roasting can bring out a unique flavor.
- 1 pound beets, peeled, halved or quartered
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled, cut in half
- 1 pound turnips peeled, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling, optional
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beets, carrots, and turnips in a bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables.
- Spread in a single layer on a roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour or until browned or caramelized.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.