Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Directions for Risotto
1. In a large saucepan heat chicken stock and cinnamon stick over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Set aside, discard cinnamon stick and keep warm.
2. In a medium saucepan combine butter and olive oil and heat. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add pureed pumpkin, season with salt and pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes.
3. Combine rice with pumpkin mixture; mix well.
4. Add wine to rice mixture and stir until absorbed. Begin adding hot stock ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and making sure all liquid is absorbed before next addition.
5. Finish with 1 tablespoon butter and parmesan-reggiano to give the risotto a nice, creamy texture.
6. Garnish with caramelized walnuts and serve.
Directions for Caramelized Walnuts
1. Add sugar to a small skillet over medium-high heat.
2. As sugar starts to melt add salt and walnuts stirring constantly to coat, about 3-5 minutes
3. Remove nuts and place on a sheet pan to cool and harden.
When cool enough to touch break up the clumps of nuts and set aside.