- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually adding 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
3. Add flour, lemon zest, and salt, beating until combined.
4. Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden on the bottom but pale on top.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Place 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar in a bowl, and roll warm cookies in it, coating well.
9. Let cookies cool completely and roll in the confectioners’ sugar two more times for that “snowball” look.