- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie dough
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) fine-quality brandied mincemeat
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- white of 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Press crust into pie pan and prick bottom several times with a fork.
3. Fold whipping cream into the mincemeat and mix thoroughly.
4. Spread the mixture over the pastry.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar and cake flour over the mincemeat and mix together.
6. Cover with the top crust, making various cuts in the crust and pinch edges.
7. Brush the top with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.