Winter is a great time to curl up with jam on toast, biscuits, just about anything—including these cookies!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1/2 to 1 cup jam of choice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer/stand mixer, cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in vanilla, flour 1/2 cup at a time, and salt.
- Stir in chopped almonds.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet or un-greased cookie sheet.
- Press your thumb to create an indentation in each cookie.
- Fill each indentation with your jam of choice (1/2-1 teaspoon per cookie, depending on size).
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until bottom of the cookies are golden brown.