A great appetizer for your holiday spread or any special gathering. It features dates with water chestnuts, goat cheese, ginger and bacon for a delectable mouthful of flavor.
- 20-30 Medjool dates (from the fresh produce section)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and dried
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 pound bacon, good quality
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice dates and remove the center pit.
- Fill the center with your choice of cheese and a water chestnut.
- Cut bacon strips in half so you have double the amount.
- Wrap uncooked bacon around the date and spear with a toothpick.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Continue until you have filled the baking sheet. You do not have to leave expansion space.
- Drizzle soy sauce over bacon wrapped dates—just a few drops on each and sprinkle ground ginger over each.
- Bake 15 minutes or until bacon is nicely crisp. Serve warm.