- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Peel carrots and cut them on the diagonal, about 2" long.
2. Steam for 20 minutes and add ½ teaspoon salt after the carrots are tender or you may boil them in 1 cup of water plus ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. In a frying pan, melt the butter. When it's sizzling add the carrots. Keep heat high. Shake carrots around for two or three minutes until they are well buttered.
4. Add the light brown sugar and orange marmalade and continue to shake the pan. Heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Add walnuts and serve.