- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Cream butter and add remaining ingredients.
3. Batter should be a heavy dough – if too thin, add up to another ½ cup flour.
4. Chill dough for several hours or overnight, covered.
5. Using a melon baller or your hands, scoop out and shape into balls.
6. Place balls on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
7. Flatten each ball with the tines of a fork, like traditional peanut butter cookies.
8. Bake 18 minutes.