- 3 seedless oranges (such as Valencia oranges)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Leaving the peel on, thin-slice oranges into ¼-inch slices.
2. In a wide pot, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
3. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn oranges over throughout cooking process to prevent slices from cupping.
4. Using tongs, transfer candied orange slices to sheet pan lined with wax paper to cool.
5. Simmer orange syrup an additional 5 to 10 minutes to reduce liquid to an intense orange syrup-like consistency. Carefully pour syrup into a jar and reserve for other uses such as hot spiced apple cider, dessert glaze and citrus fruit salad dressing.