Have something to talk about with this elegant and easy cookie—straight off Santa’s list of favorite cookies to eat!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking poder
- 1 cup pre-toasted almonds (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 min
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If using optional toasted almonds, be sure you have pre-toasted them by spreading them on a baking sheet and putting in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. Let cool
- Mix softened butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, eggs, and almond flavoring together
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder
- Shape dough into a log and chill for several hours or overnight
- Remove dough from refrigerator and slice into about 1/8-inch slices
- Place slices on parchment paper on baking sheet
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are just turning brown
- If desired, lightly push toasted almond slices into the tops of the cookies or omit almonds and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cookies are also delicious as pictured here, with no additional topping.