Home & Family Holiday Recipes
- 12 ounces quality white chocolate
- 12 ounces quality dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1) Line a 9x12 pan with parchment paper.
2) Melt the dark chocolate
3) Use the method you prefer, either double boiler, or microwave - cook 30 seconds in a heat-proof bowl, stir and repeat until you have a smooth consistency.
4) Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper, spread the chocolate out until it is about 1/3" thick. You can do this by hitting the pan on the countertop repeatedly, or use a spatula to spread the chocolate.
5) Spread the chocolate until it is 1/3 inch thick
6) Melt the white chocolate, using the steps above. After the chocolate is smooth, pour it on top of the dark chocolate - trying to make the layers the same thickness.
7) It's best to do this step while the dark chocolate is still very soft -- the layers stick together better if the dark chocolate has not hardened
8) Unwrap the starlite mints, or peppermints of your choice and put them into a heavy duty ziplock bag. Using a hammer or meat tenderizer - crush the mints then, while the white chocolate is still melted sprinkle on top.
9) Crush your topping using a hammer or meat tenderizer
10) Let the chocolates harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces. This needs to be stored in the refrigerator if you live in a warm/humid climate.Download the Home & Family Holiday Cookbook Here
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page