- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar cookies, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 (8-ounce) packages mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Freshly grated nutmeg and Demerara sugar
Recipe Courtesy Nancy Fuller
Makes 8 to 10 servings
1. Make Crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place macadamia nuts, and sugar cookies in a food processor, pulse until finely ground, 15 to 20 times. Add salt and nutmeg and pulse to combine, 1 to 2 times. Add butter and process until mixture is evenly moist and hold together when pinched, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Press mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack ; let cool. Reduce oven to 325ºF.
2. Make Filling: Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla, and rum with and electric mixer on medium speed (If you beat at a higher speed it will create more air and you will have cracks in your cheesecake.) with an electric mixer until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Bake until just set (the center will be slightly wobbly), 50 to 60 minutes.
3. Make Topping: Combine sour cream, rum, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl. Pour over pie and bake until set, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer pie to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill overnight.
4. Just before serving: sprinkle with grated nutmeg and Demerara sugar.