- Butter for greasing the pan
- 6 large sweet potatoes, about 4
- pounds total, peeled and cut into
- 2-inch cubes
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 12-ounce bag marshmallows
1 Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-by-12-inch glass baking dish.
2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until soft, about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter and mash the potatoes with the butter. Stir in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt until well blended. Fold in the crushed pineapple and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
3 Bake until the sweet potatoes are brown on top, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the marshmallows in a single layer on top.
4 Heat the broiler and place the dish underneath the broiler to toast the marshmallows. Watch carefully as they will toast very fast.
Pre-order the official Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas Book which takes you behind-the-scenes of your favorite feel-good holiday films with the casts' memories, photos, recipes and more.