Creamed Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
24 mushrooms, I used "stuffing" mushrooms that are medium sized Portobello's
3 tbsp. butter substitute like “Earth Balance”
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 garlic, diced
1 tbsp. flour
1 cup plain soymilk
1 1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper
1. Place the chopped spinach in a large frying pan. (Do not turn on the heat).
2. In a saucepot, on medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add the flour and stir continuously until it becomes a paste like consistency and tan colored.
4. Carefully add the soymilk, and nutmeg, and continue to stir continuously.
6. When the flour is dissolved pour the sauce over the spinach in the frying pan.
7. Turn the pan on medium heat and toss until the spinach has wilted.
8. Scoop the spinach mixture into the mushrooms and place on a cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
1. Arrange rosemary and sage sprigs in a round wreath shape on your favorite platter.
2. Then decorate with your favorite antipasti items like olives, tomatoes, nuts, figs, dried apricots, dried any fruit for that matter.
3. This wreath will make your house smell amazing and have your table looking fab!
Learn more vegan tips and recipes by visiting Leslie here: www.lesliedurso.com.
Return to episode guide >>