Fabio Viviani Pumpkin Agnolotti with Truffle Butter
Extra virgin olive oil
16 "Italian spoonful's" all-purpose flour
(tip: use 1 egg per person)
Pasta Filling Ingredients:
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 egg, for egg wash
1 tbsp. Truffle butter
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Sprinkle a baking sheet with some of the cornmeal and set aside.
2. Crack eggs in food processor; add a few pinches of salt & pepper.
3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil and blend until mixed.
4. Add "Italian tablespoons" of flour and mix, adding flour as needed until "hula hoop" is achieved!
5. Cut ball of pasta dough into 8 equal pieces.
6. Shape each piece into a rectangle about the size of a deck or cards. Cover dough with plastic wrap while working.
7. Roll rectangle of dough through widest setting of pasta machine 3 times, until smooth.
8. Continue rolling it through, decreasing setting each time until you have reached the thinnest setting.
9. Sprinkle the sheet lightly with cornmeal, gently fold, and set on cornmeal lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap.
10. Continue rolling out the rest of the pasta until all 8 pieces have been rolled out.
11. In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, mascarpone cheese, goat cheese, and season with the black pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
12. In a small bowl, beat egg with 1 tsp. water.
13. To form agnolotti, place sheet of pasta on dry work surface.
14. Using a pastry brush, brush the entire sheet of fresh pasta with the egg wash.
15. Place rounded teaspoons (about 1oz) of the pumpkin filling on the pasta sheet, about 2 inches apart.
16. Carefully place another sheet of pasta over the mounds, smoothing out any air pockets and firmly sealing the pasta around the filling.
17. Using a scalloped pasta cutter cut the pasta into small squares.
18. Transfer the agnolotti to the cornmeal lined baking sheet.
19. Continue forming the remaining agnolotti.
20. To serve, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until they float, about 2 minutes.
21. While the pasta cooks, gently mix together all the truffle butter ingredients in a medium-serving bowl.
22. Drain the pasta, using a large mesh strainer or slotted spoon, and transfer them to the serving bowl with the truffle butter.
Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Get more of Fabio Viviani's recipes here: www.fabioviviani.com.
Return to episode guide >>