Deidre Hall & Galen Gering
" Days of Our Lives" stars Deidre Hall and Galen Gering talk about how their longstanding characters have intertwined over the years. They also share portraits from a book they co-authored, titled " Days of Our Lives Better Living," which gives fans an intimate look into the personal passions of each cast member. Galen highlights a DIY treehouse project and Deidre showcases watercolor cards to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Then, the soap stars are put the test in a fun "Days of Our Lives" trivia quiz.
To keep up with Galen, follow him on Twitter @galengering.
Jessie Jane DIY Doggie Halloween Costumes
Three adorable pooches strut their mutt in cute Halloween costumes that are simple to make. Jessie Jane gives you something to bark about as she demonstrates a trio of no-sew costumes for your four-legged friends in a few simple steps. She makes a flower, a chia pet, and a pi ñ ata.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.
To learn more about Hallmark Channel's Pet Project, visit www.hallmarkchannel.com/petproject. Make a new furry friend from Lucky Puppy Rescue & Retail. You can also visit the organization on Facebook.
Board-certified pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears leads a panel discussion about the hot topic of breastfeeding. He touches on how polarized the issue has become in our society and how it's evolved over the years. Dr. Sears responds to viewers' questions and comments, further explaining the health benefits associated with breastfeeding and the recommended age to wean a baby. But, he also calms moms' concerns if they can't or choose not to breastfeed. Our family members join the conversation to weigh in about their own breastfeeding experiences in public.
Latching Issue Solutions:
1. Hire a lactation consultant.
2. Press gently down on baby's chin to open mouth. 3. Enlist help with physical support. Formula Tips:
1. Pay attention to three main ingredients-- proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
2. Alternating formula and breast milk is fine; let baby be the judge. Breast Milk Production:
1. To produce more breast milk, reduce stress and stay hydrated.
2. Blessed thistle and fenugreek are breast milk producing herbal supplements. 3. Some women just don't produce enough milk; you are normal. 4. Think of breastfeeding duration in terms of years, not months!
Cristina Cooks Savory Caramel Apples
Cristina's family loves to eat caramel apples year-round, so she learned to make them herself using a kit from her favorite brand, Abdallah Candies. To make it savory and sweet , she rolls hers in almonds, bacon, brown sugar, and thyme. Mark crowned his own creation, "The Royal Steines Caramel Apple," recently with potato chips and bacon. The family members at the counter customize their very own caramel apples with an opulent toppings bar.
For more info on the Abdallah Caramel Apple Kits and other products from Abdallah Candies, go to www.abdallahcandies.com.
And, you can get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.
Dr. Courtney Campbell, DVM
Veterinarian Dr. Courtney Campbell, DVM has tips to monitor your pet's health. "Home & Family" executive producer Woody Fraser allows the doc to perform an examination on his dog Bear. Dr. Campbell discusses the prevalance of allergies in pets that can be controlled by adjusting diet and adding vitamin supplements. He advises pet owners to look at their pet's posture and breathing to observe overall health and to measure their dog's heart rate weekly. Also, check oral and ear health and always consult with a veterinarian if you notice a change in behavior.
1. Dog's hair should be shiny and lustrous.
2. Use flea prevention every month. 3. Bigger dogs have a lower resting heart rate than little dogs. 4. Lymph nodes should be small and inconspicuous. 5. Wet noses give a better sense of smell. 6. Important to know the normals because dogs hide symptoms when stressed. For more with Dr. Courtney Campbell, DVM, go to animalmedcenter.com and follow him on Twitter @drcourtneydvm.
To learn more about Hallmark Channel's Pet Project, visit www.hallmarkchannel.com/petproject.
Cindy Davison's DIY Succulent Pumpkin Centerpieces
Cindy Davison shows us how to make succulent pumpkin centerpieces that can double as a party favor for guests. Make sure you use a "Cinderella Pumpkin," which is one that has a flat top. She also emphasizes to leave the pumpkin uncarved, which preserves it for months. Using glue, Cindy embellishes the top with eucalyptus pods, sphagnum moss, and succulents.
Dr. Ryan Sinclair
Environmental microbiologist from Loma Linda University School of Public Health Dr. Ryan Sinclair is shining light on all the germs women carry in their purses. Cristina and some family members dump out the contents of their pocketbooks for bacterial testing. Tune in Friday for the results.
For more information, you can go to Loma Linda University School of Public Health.