Zucchini Pesto Pasta With Chef Alex Thomopoulos
- 4 large zucchini (preferably organic)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch basil (about 3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 11/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Using a mandolin with a "toothed" blade, slice zucchini into long noodle-like shapes.
- If you don't have a mandolin to do this, use a vegetable peeler and create long papardelle-like ribbons. Place zucchini into a big bowl. Season with ¼ teaspoon of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a food processor, add Italian parsley, basil, garlic cloves, and a pinch of salt. Pulse several times to combine. Turn the machine on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Add ½ cup of pesto to the zucchini pasta. Mix to combine. Add more sauce if so desired. Serve right away or cover tightly and let it marinate for a few hours.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, red pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Get additional recipes from Alex at www.alextcooks.com.
Come see Alex at the 2013 National Education and Gluten-Free Expo: www.celiac.org/
Learn about Alex's upcoming trip to Italy with Jovial Culinary Getaways at www.jovialfoods.com/getaway.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.