"White Collar" Star Tim DeKay's Ratatouille
- 1 Eggplant, ½ inch dice
- 1 orange bell pepper, ½ inch dice
- 2 yellow crookneck squash, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 zucchini Squash, small dice
- 1 yellow onion, 1/2 inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes on the vine, 1/4 inch dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bunch of Basil, leaves picked
- 1 6oz piece of goat cheese
- 12 crepes
- 1 cup of tomato sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the eggplant in a colander over a bowl and season liberally with salt, allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Olive oil in a pan.
- Gently pat eggplant with paper towels and sauté eggplant until golden brown.
- Add squash to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in bell peppers, sautéing for a minute longer.
- Add in onion, garlic, and thyme and let mixture cook for a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add in tomatoes and cook until texture is jammy and thickens…about 10-15 minutes.
- Separate the basil leaves, leaving the smaller ones whole and slice the larger ones thinly.
Filling the Crepes:
- Place a crepe on a flat surface and fill one side with a spoonful of ratatouille.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and basil and fold into quarters.
- Place in a greased baking dish, overlapping some of them as you go.
- Ladle a bit of plain tomato sauce on the top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden and warmed through.
- Serve hot with fresh basil over the top.