1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the pumpkins: Carefully remove the tops of each pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon, and clean the pumpkin tops. Discard the seeds and fibers.
3. Salt and pepper the cavity of each pumpkin.
4. Spoon the applesauce into the cavity of each pumpkin. Depending on the size of the pumpkin, you will use anywhere from ¼ cup to 1 cup of applesauce per pumpkin. Fill the pumpkin to just beneath the top rim.
5. Replace the pumpkin tops and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes–1 hour or until they are tender but not mushy.
The recipe comes from The Age Beautifully Cookbook by Grace O and Foodtrients.com
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page