- 1 dozen manicotti shells
- 1/2 lb. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated romano
- 1/2 10 oz. package of chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. mint leaves
- 1 tsp. sugar
- marinara sauce, homemade or good quality jarred
- 2 eggs
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Mix cheeses, eggs, sugar, mint and nutmeg, adding spinach last.
3) Boil water in a dutch oven and cook manicotti 4 or 5 at a time for 5 or 6 minutes.
4) Stuff shells carefully and place in 9x12 Pyrex baking dish.
5) Top with marinara sauce and cover baking dish with foil. Bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes until heated through. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.
Check out more delicous recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page