Sophie Uliano’s Danish Rice Pudding
- 2 cups white short grain or Arborio rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of whole milk or coconut milk
- 2tbsp of butter or vegan buttery spread
- 1 cup fine brown sugar +4 tsp ground cinnamon (mixed)
- 1 bottle dark ale
- 1 blanched almond
- Place rice, water, and milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to the boil. Turn heat down to low, and simmer gently for about 20-30 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Hide the almond in the pudding. Transfer to a large serving dish, and allow each guest to serve themselves (without digging around for the almond!)
- Each guest can top their bowl with a knob of butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, and cover with about 1/4 cup of dark ale.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.