Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon with White & Green Asparagus
- 4 pieces- 5-6 ounces each Atlantic or Canadian Salmon Filet skinless and pin bone out
- 12 White Asparagus Spears
- 12 Green Asparagus Spears
- Kosher Salt and White Pepper
- ½ cup of White Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup of black sesame seeds
- 4 tblsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of mayo
- 1 tblsp of Yuzu Lemon Juice (Japanese Imported) or Fresh juice of 1 Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season Salmon with salt and pepper over the fish. Mix the 2 sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
3. Dredge the salmon face up in the seeds to coat.
4. In a non-stick sauté pan heat the 2 tblsp. of olive oil.
5. Add salmon sesame seeds down for 30 seconds to just seal the seeds on the fish and do not brown.
6. Flip over and place in the oven for about 7-8 minutes or till medium. Longer if you like your fish cooked well.
7. While the fish is cooking if you want to go to the next level for presentation slightly peel the ends of the asparagus spears especially the white because it is a tougher stem.
8. Boil 1 quart of salted water and drop the asparagus in for 2 minutes and then shock in ice water.
9. Heat the 2 tblsp. of olive oil up in the sauté pan while the Salmon is cooking and add the asparagus, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1 minute to heat them.
Place 3 of each asparagus in the center of the dinner plate and top with 1 piece of Salmon off to end so the tips are sticking out. Spoon the Yuzu aioli on 1 corner of the Salmon so its running down the side to the plate.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page