Lemon & Artichoke Chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil, divided
- 2 shallots or 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, thawed and/or drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 3 Tablespoons dried lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent. Add the artichoke hearts, capers, and lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Place the chicken pieces in the skillet, season generously with salt and pepper, and top each piece with a small pat of the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Omit the shallots/onion and replace the artichoke hearts with thinly sliced carrots or parsnips.
SPICE BLEND SWAP
Instead of just salt and pepper, season the chicken with the Greek Blend (page 256).
CHANGE IT UP
You can make this recipe with whole chicken legs; bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts; or a whole chicken.