Cristina's Spicy Bloody Mary Chili
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1lb top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp each dry mustard and oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Warcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Celery leaves with leaves
1. Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp; drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
2. Return pan to burner, add seasoned beef, and brown in drippings on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer beef to the plate with the bacon; return pot to burner.
4. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeno, then saute 3 minutes.
5. Stir in reserve bacon and beef.
6. Add chili powder, cumin, mustard, oregano, and cayenne; cook 2 minutes. 7. Add broth and diced and crushed tomatoes to chili; simmer 10 minutes.
Finish chili with horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and Tabasco. For a great presentation, serve in a mason jar lines with salt and garnished with a rib of celery.
Tips for Bloody Mary Chili:
- Shorten chili’s cook time by using a tender cut of beef like sirloin - Stir broth into the beef and vegetables, scraping the pan to incorporate the browned bits - Add horseradish last so the heat of the chili doesn’t diminish the horseradish’s potency. Get more of Cristina's recipes here: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.