1. Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp; drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
2. Return pan to burner, add seasoned beef, and brown in drippings on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer beef to the plate with the bacon; return pot to burner.
4. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeno, then saute 3 minutes.
5. Stir in reserve bacon and beef.
6. Add chili powder, cumin, mustard, oregano, and cayenne; cook 2 minutes. 7. Add broth and diced and crushed tomatoes to chili; simmer 10 minutes.
Finish chili with horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and Tabasco. For a great presentation, serve in a mason jar lines with salt and garnished with a rib of celery.
Tips for Bloody Mary Chili:
- Shorten chili’s cook time by using a tender cut of beef like sirloin - Stir broth into the beef and vegetables, scraping the pan to incorporate the browned bits - Add horseradish last so the heat of the chili doesn’t diminish the horseradish’s potency. Get more of Cristina's recipes here: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.