Cristina Ferrare's Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 (3 oz) Italian sausage (optional)
- 2 lbs fresh ground chuck roast
- ½ white onion cut into pieces
- 1 small carrot cut into pieces
- 1 celery stalk cut into pieces
- ¼ cup of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup romano cheese
- 2 pieces of white bread, crusts removed, torn into shreds
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a garlic press
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ½ cup of ketchup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove the casings from the sausage (optional).
- Place sausage meat and ground chuck in a large bowl.
- In a food processor chop the onion, celery, carrot, and parsley until finely chopped.
- Add vegetable mixture to the meat.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheeses, white bread, milk, garlic, salt, egg, and ¼ cup of ketchup.
- Mix gently using your hands, until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Press gently into a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Spread ¼ cup of ketcup over top of loaf.
- Place pan in a pan large enough to leave room all around loaf pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan until it reaches about ⅓ - ¾ of the way up the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 60 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and peas or you can make a great meatloaf sandwich with it.
Literally it means "Mary's bath." It's a heated bath. It can be done on top of the stove (that's a double boiler) or in the oven. In this case, we will do it in the oven. Once we have prepared the meatloaf we will cook it in a heated bath. We'll put a pan of water in the oven and rest the meatloaf pan in the pan of water as it cooks.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.