Cristina Cooks: 'Taste of Home' Magazine's Peach-Rosemary Cobbler
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
“Taste of Home” recipe submitted by Michael Cohen – Los Angeles, CA
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add peaches and toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. or 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, rosemary and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix water and extracts; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over peach mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
For More Great "Taste of Home" Recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.