- • 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- • 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- • 1 teaspoon paprika
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- • Juice of 1/2 lemon
- • 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- • Oil for frying
- • 3/4 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into ½-in. cubes
- • 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- • 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
“Taste of Home” recipe submitted by Marina Castle, Canyon Country, CA. 8 Servings Prep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and, if desired, olives.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry potatoes 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Stir potatoes into meat mixture. Place ⅔ cup mixture near the center of each tortilla; top with ½ cup cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Wrap each burrito in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. After wrapping burritos in foil, freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped burritos on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Or, to reheat one burrito, remove foil and rewrap burrito in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds.
For More Great "Taste of Home" Recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.