Cristina Cooks: Pumpkin And Sausage Sage Risotto
2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- ½ pound mild ground sausage
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 8 fresh sage leaves, chiffonade
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- In a separate heavy bottomed pot, sauté onions in the butter until translucent.
- Add in ground sausage and fry until no longer pink.
- Stir in half of the sage.
- Add in the rice and allow it to slightly brown, around two minutes.
- Begin adding the stock 2 cups at a time, stirring after each addition.
- As the rice absorbs the stock, continue to add another 2 cups until nearly all of the stock has been used and the risotto is very creamy.
- Stir in pumpkin and remaining sage.
- Taste quickly, and season as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.