Former Military White House Chefs Colorado Turkey Melt
Serves 6 people
- 6 slices Texas Toast Bread
- 1/2 lb Fresh Roasted Turkey, sliced
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 lb Grated Parmesan Cheese (Fresh)
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 4 each Egg Fresh
- 2 each Avocado fresh
- 1 each Roma Tomato
- 1 bottle Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese and place on a flat tray.
- Roast turkey, let cool, slice fresh, and set aside.
- Slice Swiss cheese.
- Crack and whip eggs and place in a large wide bowl for dipping.
- Slice Texas Toast Bread Loaf. Try to have bread stale.
- Arrange all ingredients for assembly.
- Take break and brush Thousand Island dressing on one side of each piece.
- Place the Swiss cheese sliced on the dressing.
- Place gently the turkey over the Swiss cheese.
- Fold sandwich together.
- Take the sandwich and dip in the egg mixture, ensuring that it stays together.
- Please the moist sandwich on the flat tray of parmesan cheese grated.
- Place finished sandwich on a clean tray ready to grill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan or flat griddle.
- Place the sandwich in the butter, ensuring the sandwich stays together.
- Press gently.
- Grill on low to medium heat until the cheese is golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich and repeat the last step.
- The sandwich will not be cooked thoroughly so, place the beautifully browned sandwich on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the internal temperature of the center is 140 degrees F or higher.
- Take the finished sandwich and slice in half.
- Reduce balsamic to a thick syrup.
- Slice tomato.
- Peel and slice avocado.
- Arrange sandwich on the White House plate with the tomato avocado and balsamic reduction as the garnish.
Check out more Former Military White House Chef stories from Sam Morgante, Tal Sims, Julianne Koski, & Ivan Saez and see what products he has so you can make your own cooking presidential! Don't forget to visit FormerWhiteHouseChefs.com for more!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.