Blood and Guts Cake with Dirty Crime Scene Frosting
- 3 9″ frozen cherry pies
- 3 box strawberry flavored cake mix
- Eggs and oil according to the cake mix
- 3 10″ round cake pans
- Dirty Crime Scene Frosting
- 5 tall tubs of cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips (best mixed in when frozen)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring (to tint frosting pink)
- 8 pkgs Red Pop Rocks (optional)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
TO BAKE A PIE IN A LAYER OF CAKE:
1) Bake pies according to instructions and cool to room temperature overnight.
2) Prepare and each box of cake mix according to instructions.
3) Mix each box separately as each layer will require one box of mixed cake batter.
4) For each cake layer pour 1/2 of the batter in the cake pan.
5) Carefully de-tin the baked pie and place it face up on top of the batter in the cake pan. Pour the second half of the batter on top to cover the pie entirely. Bake cake according to box instructions but making sure it is VERY done. Cool and remove from pans then frost it like you mean it. Best to wrap the layer in saran wrap and refrigerate or freeze until frosting.
Tint frosting pink then fold all but pop rocks into frosting. Make sure not to over mix (the chocolate chips will smear). Stack and frost generously. Refrigerate after frosting.
Just before presenting cake to guests throw on the pop rocks. Just afet presenting the cake to guests, pour the contents of a lareg can of cherry pie filling over the top of the cake. Your guests will awe as it oozes over the sides.
Blood and guts cake FLAMING! Then you can call it BLOOD AND GUTS FLAMBE!
…BTW, to serve your “monster” pie cake FLAMING …its easy… just make a little puddle of lemon extract in the frosting on the top of your cake. Just before you light it gather friends and family around, turn out the lights and watch it burn. Make sure to have 911 on speed dial just in case. Be fully prepared for gasps and ahhhhs as your guests see pie inside cake for the first time. Blood and Guts Cake ala mode anyone? Pie cake and ice cream go SO well together.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page