- 1.5 cup French press coffee
- 3-4 bagels
- 2 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- ¼ cup (+3 tbsp) sugar (can substitute maple syrup for partial recipe if not enough sugar)
- ¼ + cup milk
- ½ cup powered non-dairy coffee creamer
- ⅛ cup COLD water
- ⅓ chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp Brandy if you have or Amaretto coffee flavoring.
- 1 tsp lemon juice (if available)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Chill beaters and a bowl in fridge.
- Using a cheese grater grate chocolate. Set aside.
- Using 3-4 bagels.
- Set bagel on it's side like a wheel. Cut bagels as if they were a loaf of bread. Discard the end pieces. Cut each piece into thirds if small bagels or fourths if larger. Set aside.
- Heat french press coffee on a low and add 1tbsp sugar (or maple syrup)
- Then in chilled bowl beat non dairy creamer and water for 1-2min. Gradually add in 1+ tbsp sugar (or maple syrup).
- Add lemon -if you have. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese, brandy and milk. After 1 min slowly add in creamer mixture and continue to beat for an additional 2min or so.
- Arrange 1st layer of bagels in bottom of 9x9 glass pan and brush with coffee mixture in all sides. Pour cream cheese layer on top.
- Create another layer of bagels and repeat steps. Make three layers total.
- Top with cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hrs before serving.
Don't miss Allison on OWN's 'The Have and the Have Nots' on Tuesdays, 9/8c
Return to the Episode Guide >>