4th of July Block Party Recipes
Lobster Rolls Ingredients:
• Kosher salt
• 3 1 ¼-pound live lobsters • 1 celery stalk, finely chopped • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives • 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise • Freshly ground black pepper • 6 New England–style split-top hot dog buns • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature • 1 tsp fresh chopped tarragon • 2 teaspoons Dijon • And lemon zest to lobster rolls • And old bay to taste
- Pour water into a large pot to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil and salt generously.
- Add lobsters, cover, and cook until bright red, 8–10 minutes.
- Transfer lobsters to a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Crack lobster shells, pick meat from tail and claws, and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread flat sides of buns with butter.
- Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture.
Grilled Corn With A Sundried Tomato Butter Ingredients:
• 4 ears of corn, silk removed, husks pulled back
• 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature • ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped fine • 2 teaspoons roasted garlic puree • 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped • Salt and pepper to taste • ¼ cup parmesan cheese, divided • 2 tablespoons basil, sliced
- Grill corn to desired doneness and color.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together butter, sundried tomatoes, garlic puree, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix half of the parmesan cheese in and smear finished butter on grilled corn.
- Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and basil.