Winterfest 2019 Recipes
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for preparing loaf pans
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for preparing loaf pans
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter and flour 2 loaf pans.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together, mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine the baking soda, salt and flour.
4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients one cup at a time. Make sure each cup is fully incorporated before adding the next. Stir the batter until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Divide the batter equally into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans and then turn out on to a cooling rack. Turn loaves right side up and cool to room temperature before slicing.