- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk or buttermilk
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 each peaches the fresher the better
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 10 whole chicken wings, washed and pat dry 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon of Nana's Seasoning/ uncle butch creole seasoning 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 3 cups of All purpose Flour
- Parsley (pinch)
- Canola Oil for frying
1. Preheat waffle iron. Gently coat with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Whisk the two eggs into the milk until well combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients (butter, milk/egg mixture, vanilla) into the well of
5. the dry ingredients and whisk until blended. (Note: the batter will be
6. slightly lumpy, do not over-mix.)
7. Scoop the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until the waffles
8. are golden brown and crisp
9. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar & whip cream
Cobbler Style Topping:
1. Pit peaches and cut into wedge slices.
2. In a medium pan on medium low heat, add butter, toss in peaches, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and cornstarch, let simmer until tender.
3. Remove from stove and sit for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Top waffles with confection sugar, caramelized peaches, & whipped cream.
** Cooking Tip- Top with graham cracker crumbles
1. Mix buttermilk, salt, pepper, nana's seasoning, and garlic powder in a larger bowl. Then add chicken wings to mixture cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Mix paprika with the flour in a medium bowl with a baking sheet next to it.
3. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then dip each chicken wing in flour, coating well, and shaking off excessive flour
4. Add 1/2 to 3/4 inch oil to a large cast iron skillet or table top fryer. Heat to approximately 365 degrees F. Gently place chicken wings in hot oil. Cover, and fry until golden, turning once (use tongs), 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Lift the finish pieces of chicken out of the oil and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate or baking sheet
6. Serve alongside the waffle