Fresh & healthy avocado club sandwiches, inspired by the bounty of late spring farmer’s market, are perfect for an impromptu afternoon picnic on the front porch or back yard swing.
Farmers Market Avocado Ranch Club Sandwiches
Sandwich, Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 crusty artisan bakery-style rolls (ciabatta, focaccia, sourdough rolls), warm
- ½ cup homemade buttermilk herb ranch dressing
- 2 cups mesclun mix (baby salad greens), washed, trimmed
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 8 strips crisp bacon (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, trimmed and sliced into thin rings
- ½ cup red onion, slivered
- Spread 1 tablespoon ranch dressing on bottom half of each roll.
- Top rolls evenly with salad greens, sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, bacon, sliced avocado, bell pepper rings and red onion.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon ranch dressing over top of each sandwich and close with top halves of rolls.
- Fresh-picked salad greens need to be washed thoroughly before using; trim lettuce if needed, and double rinse in lukewarm water to remove sand. Drain in colander or salad spinner. Cover and store in refrigerator for crisp fresh lettuce greens all week!
- Cutting down on carbs? Skip the bread and serve as salad or roll up in a flour tortilla wrap for a hand-held salad.