Spring Fever Recipes
- 2 Cups Fresh Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Each Lemons, zested
- ½ Medium White Onion, diced small, sautéed until soft
- 3 Pounds Fresh Pasta Sheets
- 2 Large Eggs (one for mix, one for wash)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 oz Orange Juice
- 8 oz Soft Cubed Unsalted Butter
- 2 ea Small Minced Shallots
- To taste Salt and Black Pepper
RAVIOLI MIX PREPARATION
1. In mixing bowl combine cheeses and lemon zest. Mix in one egg and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
2. Beat (in a separate bowl) the other egg with 2 tbsp of water, for egg wash.
3. (With a Pasta Grid) Place pasta sheet over pasta grid. Brush all edges with egg wash. Spoon a tablespoon of ravioli mixture into the pasta well. Cover with another pasta sheet. Seal well with rolling pin. Continue process until filling is gone.
4. (Without a Pasta Grid) Starting 1 inch from 1 short side of a pasta sheet, spoon a tablespoon of ravioli mixture onto the pasta sheet. Space mounds about 2 inches apart until pasta sheet is full. Brush pasta edges with egg wash. Cover with another pasta sheet. Press down around filling to eliminate air pockets to seal. Using fluted pastry wheel, cut pasta between filling, trimming sides to form 2 – 2½ inch ravioli.
5. Repeat above with more pasta sheets and remaining filling, making about 36 ravioli.
6. Place ravioli on sheet tray with parchment and corn meal or a floured baking sheet. (Can be made 6 hours ahead of time.)
7. Cover and chill.
1. Place a large pot on stove, fill ¾ with salted water, high heat.
2. When water is boiling, gently drop in ravioli to cook. When ravioli float to the surface, fish them out with a strainer- drain well.
3. Place ravioli on plate. Ladle your favorite sauce over ravioli (see Beurre Blanc recipe below); sprinkle with desired garnish (chopped chives & parmesan cheese). 6-8 per person.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAUCE:
1. In a sauce pot combine Orange Juice and Shallots. Reduce over medium-high heat until almost a syrup.
2. Lower heat to med-low and gradually whisk all the butter cubes in to form the sauce. DON’T boil or the sauce will separate.
3. After all butter is blended in season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Sauce is now ready to add to the ravioli’s.