Spring Fever Recipes
- 12 Marshmallow Treat Hearts(about 2.5” each), use store-bought or homemade fruity versions (recipe below)
- 1 pound White Candy Melts
- ½ cup Shortening
- 24 Small Candy Eyes
- 12 Large Pink Heart-shaped Sprinkles
- 1 (2 ¼”) piece of black licorice lace, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1 tube black piping gel
- ¼ cup pink sprinkles/sanding sugar
- 12 Lollipop or Popsicle Sticks
- ¼ cup Butter, Shortening, or Coconut Oil
- 16 ounces Marshmallows
- 2.5 ounces Freeze Dried Raspberries, Mango, or Blueberries pulverized (about 1 cup for the raspberries, ¾ cup for the mango, or ½ cup for the blueberries
- 6 cups Krispie Rice Cereal
Directions for Krispie Bunny Pops
1. Use a 2.5-inch heart cookie cutter to stamp out 12 hearts.
2. Melt Candy Melts with shortening in microwave or over double boiler. When smooth and loose, pour into pint glass or tall container (with a wide enough mouth to allow for the rice Krispie treats).
3. Prepare bunny ears: Place sprinkles in bowl or small dish. Slice jumbo marshmallows in half on the diagonal, lengthwise. Press the cut sides (sticky and exposed) into pink sprinkles. Set aside.
4. Dip lollipop or popsicle sticks in melted Candy Melt, then press into the end of each rice Krispie treat between the rounded humps of the heart. Set treats with sticks on parchment-lined baking sheet and allow to cool for a few minutes (this will help keep the stick in place while dipping).
5. Dip treats into Candy Melt by holding stick and pressing into container. Pull treat out of Candy Melt and spin slightly to remove excess candy coating. Scrape back side of treat against side of container to remove even more. Place back on parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Press bunny ears into the top of each treat, making sure they’re stuck in the candy melt.
7. Place two eyes onto the face of each treat.
8. Place one pink heart shaped sprinkle centered below the eyes for the nose.
9. Place 3 licorice pieces on one side of the nose and 3 on the other side of the nose for the whiskers
10. Use the piping gel to draw the mouth.
11. Allow treats to set completely on parchment lined tray before serving. At least one hour. Refrigerate for faster results.
Directions for Homemade Fruity Marshmallow Treats
1. Heat butter in large stock pot over medium-low heat until melted.
2. Add marshmallows, stir frequently until melted. It will be smooth and loose when ready.
3. Add pulverized fruit to marshmallow, stir quickly to combine.
4. Take pot off heat, add cereal. Stir quickly to incorporate completely.
5. Press marshmallow mixture into greased 9x13 baking dish. Smooth top with wet spatula. Allow treats to set for at least 2 hours.
6. When treats are cool to the touch, cut into hearts with cookie cutter, about 12 in total.