- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Snap peas can be substituted for the green beans. If you can’t find shallots, substitute half of a small sweet onion, diced.
Total Time: 20 minutes Hands Time: 20 minutes
1.In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
2.Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add the squashes and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tarragon, vinegar and green bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 10 servings.